Cartoons are kinds of two-dimensional illustrated visual arts. If you search the dictionary, cartoons are non-realistic or semi-realistic drawings or paintings showing the quality of its subject in a comically exaggerated way. Cartoonists make them to express their ideas and opinions to the people. Every cartoon has a number of language and visual features that help in expressing and making the overall idea. - Cartoons
People see the end product of cartoons only and moving animations don't make actual moves. They are a sequence of still pictures shown at fast rate to give an effect of movement. Creating cartoons does not need lots of money, but it needs persistence, commitment and creativeness because its a massive undertaking. You could utilize internet resources to explore animation and educate yourself how to create animated cartoons. Nonetheless, the very first thing people must do is come up with an idea.
Cartoons are created utilizing simple procedure that combines different pictures together. To be able to create cartoons in the shortest time possible, different tricks can also be applied by the cartoonist. Please find below the simple steps utilized in creating cartoons.
- Stable backdrop: Its a single image that is placed at the background of every cartoon frame to prevent redrawing the backdrop for each and every shot. Actually, backdrops are big comic strips. They add them as the story progresses.
- Voices and drawings: To be able to synchronize the illustration and the image, the voices of the characters are recorded and transferred into magnetic film.
- Stable body parts: They are utilized to redraw moving parts of characters only.
- Repeating backdrops: Utilized when shooting a character running long distance. Once the character gets to one end of the backdrop, the loop goes back to the beginning.
- Cells: These are utilized to make pictures with both stable and moving portions. To be able to make the last frame layered and that each and every frame has just one redrawn layer , these cells are transparent.
- Film-in technology: Computers are utilized to fill in solid colors in parts of the cartoon.
To be able to create attractive sketches that convey their thoughts and emotions, cartoonists utilize different features which comprise;
- Colors: They are often associated with emotions and thoughts.
- Stereotypes: To be able to make quick and superficial pictures of a group of people, incomplete or false info is utilized in stereotyping process. Because its often based on people's over-simplistic or limited view, it is usually seen distasteful. Ethnic groups, national groups, professions, teens, adults, girls, boys, women and men have common stereotypes.
- Caricatures: A literary or pictorial illustration, wherein the peculiarities or distinctive features of the subject are intentionally exaggerated. The objective is to make fun of individuals.
- Symbols: To be able to express thoughts and opinions about people, places, mood and atmosphere; symbols like animals, objects, signs and logos are utilized. - Cartoons
The World Wide Web is a good source to search for animation programs that people can utilize to create their very own cartoons. In addition to a computer, you would also need online connection. There are different animation programs to pick from like for instance Pencil, where you could use bitmap and vector graphics to create cartoons. In addition to importing, animating and basic drawing tools, other features incorporated in the animation program are sound layer, camera view, vector drawing and bitmap drawing.